The Herefordshire Badminton Academy (HBA) was started by local badminton players and coaches in order to provide young people with the opportunity to experience, enjoy and develop their potential in the sport of badminton.
We are a non-profit based organisation that takes a long term view; our aim is to strengthen Herefordshire badminton for the future, providing progression for young players into clubs within the county and improving the lifestyle of the local community.
Since the formation of the Herefordshire Badminton Academy we have successfully:
- been awarded 2 Sport England Lottery Grants
- been awarded Badminton England’s prestigious Premier Club status
- received Club Mark status
- expanded our remit to provide coaching for adults as well as children
- made county history by entering teams in the National Shires League at Under 13 and Under 15 level
Our ethos is a simple one. To encourage young players to be fit and healthy and love their sport.